Thursday 25 July 2013

Inspirational!


When all your colleagues pull out all the stops to wish you well in your retirement, you’ve got to be delighted
That’s the way I felt on Wednesday evening at my retiral ‘do’ in the Town Hall. I loved my presentation picture, loved my flowers, loved my gardening tokens, loved my afternoon tea treat at Turnberry. I guess you could say I was pretty pleased!!
It was great to see so many colleagues, partners, tutors and friends from my time with the Council. And I was so pleased to hear that my post of Literacies Manager will soon be advertised, and the future of The Learning Shop assured.

Literacies support changes people’s lives for the better. We have the evidence to prove it, and the enthusiasm of staff (paid and voluntary) to deliver it. I am proud to have established such as service in South Ayrshire, proud to have nurtured such a fine team of professionals, proud to continue alongside them as a volunteer ( I can’t really retire completely!).

We have the vision and the energy. That’s all we need to inspire another generation of Adult Literacies Learners. Let’s go for it!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment