Thursday + Friday 15th/16th August
The adult learning team provide English as a second (or other) language (ESOL) classes in the community. This intensive 2 day course offers literacy tutors an opportunity to expand their skills and work with ESOL learners. Over the two days you will
· be introduced to the ESOL teaching methodology
· gain awareness of how it feels to be an ESOL learner
· learn how to plan and deliver a programme.
· gain awareness of working with learners from pre-beginner to intermediate level
· be better equipped to work on a 1:1 basis or assist in larger groups.‘An Introduction to Working with ESOL Learners’ is SCQF accredited at level 6. Tutors who are interested in receiving accreditation for their work will be offered an opportunity to do so.
The course may be repeated later in the year. Contact the Learning Shop to register your interest and for more information